We recognize that visiting a new place can be a little daunting. We want to alleviate some of the anxieties by explaining what takes place as well as answering some frequently asked questions (FAQ's).
Step-by-step explanation of the Worship Service
As you enter the sanctuary (this is the place where we meet to worship) you will be greeted by our ushers and they will hand you a Bulletin and help you find a seat if the place is crowded. Inside the bulletin you will find information about the church and things going on at the church throughout the week. In the seat in front of you there will be a connection card. If you would like, fill out the card and place it in the offering plate when it comes around and someone from the church will contact you.
The services usually consist of the following elements:
- Announcements - a few of the upcoming activities will be highlighted by a pastor near the beginning of the service.
- Worship in Song – the words are always projected on the screen so you can follow along. If you don’t feel comfortable singing then you can just read the words to yourself.
- Greeting One Another – this is just a short opportunity for people to say hello to each other and meet a couple new people around them. Don’t feel that you have to move around and introduce yourself though others will most likely come up and introduce themselves to you.
- Pastoral Prayer – usually one of the pastors will lead the congregation in a time of prayer for various needs in the community and the world. Sometimes the pastor will open the altars (these are the short rails in front of the platform, see FAQ’s for an explanation) for people to come forward and pray. There is no pressure for you or anyone to come forward.
- Offering – as part of our worship, we have a time for the congregation to give back to God. The ushers will come forward and plates will be passed around. If you are a guest, please don’t feel that you have to give. This is part of the worship for those who regularly attend.
- Sermon – Pastor Geoff DeFranca (the Senior Pastor) usually brings the sermon for the day. These messages usually last 25-30 minutes and seek to connect the truths of the Bible to the realtiies of our journey today (to listen to a podcast of a recent sermon click here).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What time are services?
Worship Services @ 9:00AM & 10:30AM
Journey Groups for all ages will meet @ 9:00AM & 10:30AM
Wednesday Evening Programming
(Youth: 6:00-8:00PM/ Children: 6:30-8:00PM/
Women's Study Group: 6:30-8:00PM
Which door do I come in through?
We have four entry doors that put you in different parts of the building.
- Our front entrance is located on Saint Laurent Street and is best utilized by those being dropped off and/or those parking in the Commuter Parking lot. This door leads to the sanctuary.
- The next set of doors has a sign that reads: “Church Offices & Worship Center.” This is the door that most people utilize on Sunday Morning. When you enter, take a right to get to the offices and the sanctuary.
- The next set of doors has a sign that reads: “Nashua Child Learning Center.” (NCLC) This door is the entry point for all parents dropping children off at NCLC and any NCLC business or deliveries.
- The last set of doors has a sign that reads: “Fellowship Hall & Education Wing.” You can use these doors if you are going to an adult Journey Group Class (Sunday School), Youth Journey Groups or other weekly Bible Study, or if you are going to the Fellowship Hall. This is also the area for child check-in and dropping off for children’s programming on Sunday Mornings.
Where is the sanctuary?
The sanctuary is located at the front of the building nearest to Saint Laurent Street. The easiest way to access the sanctuary is through the main entrance or through the doors marked “Church Offices & Worship Center.”
Is there Childcare? Where?
Yes, there is a nursery located in the hall to the left of the sanctuary and is fully staffed for both services and during the Journey Group hours. We welcome all children ages infant up to 3 years. When your child is dropped off you will asked to sign in, being sure to leave a cell phone number so that you can be contacted immediately if there are any questions, problems or emergencies.
Is there Children’s programming? Where?
Yes, we run a fully staffed preschool and elementary
program for ages 3 years through 5th grade.
Click here for more Children's Ministry Information.
Is there programming for Youth? Where?
Yes, we run a fully staffed youth program on Sunday mornings at 9:00AM. This is for grades 6th through 12th and consist of 4 different Sunday School Classes throughout the building. See the Youth page for classes.
Are there Adult Sunday School Classes? Where?
Yes, we run an adult Sunday School class but we call it Journey Group. This class take place during 9:00AM & 10:30AM. Most of the adult classes are located in the “Educational Wing” of the building. For more information on the different classes and their topics, check out the Journey Group page.
What is the altar for?
The altars, located at the front of the sanctuary, are a place to come and spend time in prayer with God. While we recognize that you don’t need an altar to pray, they provide a set apart and symbolic place for you to come and commune with God and offer to God the details of your life. Often, the Pastor will open the altars for prayer during the worship service.
What is the offering used for?
The offering is an act of worship. The offerings collected fund the mission and ministry of the church. This allows for us to provide pastors and staff for the care and oversight of the congregation, meeting the costs and care of the facilities, providing church programs and ministries, outreach to the local community, ministry to the poor and needy, ministry and evangelism around the world, as well as paying allocations for our district and international partnerships in the Church of the Nazarene.